Take this election quiz and see how much you know about Election Commission of India?
Take this election quiz and see how much you know about Election Commission of India
Q1: Which Article in the Indian Constitution provides for the Election Commission?
- A. Article 324
- B. Article 128
- C. Article 256
- D. Article 378
Q2: Who appoints the Chief Election Commissioner of Election Commission?
- A. Prime Minister
- B. Chief Justice of India
- C. President
- D. Lok Sabha
Q3: When was the Election Commission formed?
- A. 1947
- B. 1948
- C. 1949
- D. 1950
Q4: What is the tenure of office for the Chief Election Commissioner?
- A. 5 years or 65 years, whichever is earlier
- B. 6 years or 60 years, whichever is earlier
- C. 6 years or 65 years, whichever is earlier
- D. 5 years or 60 years, whichever is earlier
Q5: Where are the headquarters of the Election Commission of India situated?
- A. Mumbai
- B. New Delhi
- C. Bangalore
- D. Gurgaon
Q6: Who was the first woman to become a Chief Election Commissioner of India?
- A. V. S. Ramadevi
- B. G. D. Das
- C. S.K. Bedi
- D. R.M. Nikam
Q7: For the Election Commission, at the district level, who acts as the district returning officer?
- A. District Collector
- B. Police Commissioner
- C. Tehsildars
- D. None of the above
Q8: Elections in India for Parliament and State Legislatures are conducted by.....
- A. President
- B. Prime Minister
- C. Governor
- D. Election Commission of India
Q9: Which of the following is not a feature of Election system in India?
- A. Universal Adult Franchise
- B. Secret Voting
- C. Reservation of seats in the legislature for the members of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
- D. Communal Electorate
Q10: Which is the smallest Lok Sabha Constituency in General Elections by area?
- A. Delhi Sadar
- B. Mumbai South
- C. Kolkata North West
- D. Chandni Chowk, Delhi