Only a climatologist and meteorologist can answer these questions correct?
Only a climatologist and meteorologist can answer these questions correct
Author : Adiyogi Quiz Master
Posted On : 14-May-2018
Q1: The main cause of global climatic change is
- A. Increase in the content of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere
- B. Emissions of industrial gases
- C. Adding of dust
- D. Changes in plant cover
Q2: If there is no carbon dioxide in the earth?s atmosphere, the temperature of earth?s surface would be
- A. Dependent on the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere
- B. Higher than the present
- C. Less than the present
- D. The same
Q3: High pressure sub-tropical calm belts known as ?Horse Latitudes? lie between
- A. 0? and 10?
- B. 15? and 25?
- C. 20? and 25?
- D. 30? and 35?
Q4: Which from the following can cause a tsunami?
- A. Volcano
- B. Avalanche
- C. Tornado
- D. Earthquake
Q5: The direction to which wind blows is known as
- A. Windward
- B. Leeward
- C. Eleaving side
- D. None of these
Q6: Which one of the following is a low cloud?
- A. Cirrocumulus
- B. Cirrostratus
- C. Altocumulus
- D. Nimbostratus
Q7: Which region of the Earth?s surface is called doldrums?
- A. Equatorial low pressure belt
- B. Sub-tropical high pressure belt
- C. Between 10? to 23?? North and South Latitudes
- D. Sub-polar low pressure belt
Q8: Which one of the following pairs of oceans and currents is not correctly matched?
- A. North Atlantic Ocean : Canaries current
- B. Eastern Pacific Ocean : Kuroshio current
- C. South Atlantic Ocean : Falkland current
- D. Indian Ocean : Agulhas current
Q9: Savanna natural region is characterized by which one of the following?
- A. A distinct wet and dry season with annual range of temperature between 3? C ? 8? C.
- B. Broad-leaf evergreen forests and grasses
- C. Uniformly high temperature throughout the year
- D. No spatial variation in mean annual rainfall
Q10: Name the continent where ?Tundra? type of climate is not found
- A. Europe
- B. Asia
- C. Africa
- D. North America