Take this quiz and see how well you know about Abhijit Banerjee??
Abhijit Banerjee is an eminent Indian American economist. He is a research affiliate of Innovations for Poverty Action and a member of the Consortium on Financial Systems and Poverty.
Author : Agniva Bhowmick
Posted On : 14-Oct-2019
Q1: What is the middle name of Abhijit Banerjee?
- A. Pranak
- B. Binayak
- C. Pranayak
- D. Nayak
Q2: In which year did he win Nobel Prize in Economics?
- A. 2016
- B. 2017
- C. 2018
- D. 2019
Q3: Why was he awarded to Nobel Prize?
- A. contributions to behavioral economics
- B. integration of climate change into long-run macroeconomic analysis
- C. analysis of market power and regulation
- D. for their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty
Q4: Where was he born?
- A. Washinton
- B. Mumbai
- C. Kolkata
- D. New York
Q5: He is the international professor of which university?
- A. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- B. Stanford University
- C. Harvard University
- D. Princeton University
Q6: He is the co-author of which book?
- A. Economics in One Lesson
- B. Thinking, Fast and Slow
- C. Freakonomics
- D. Poor Economics
Q7: From which university did he complete his M.A. in economics in 1983?
- A. Calcutta University
- B. Hyderabad University
- C. Cambridge University
- D. Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
Q8: In which year was he elected a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- A. 2004
- B. 2006
- C. 2005
- D. 2007
Q9: When did he recieve he Bernhard-Harms-Prize from the Kiel Institute for the World Economy?
- A. 2013
- B. 2014
- C. 2015
- D. 2016
Q10: What is the name of his research lab?
- A. Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab
- B. Abdul Poverty Action Lab
- C. Poverty Action Lab
- D. Making economics for poor people lab